India's Top NDA Coaching Center in Gurgaon
Farmer Bill 2020
Farmer Bill 2020
Farmers Bills 2020
3 Bills in Monsoon Session
- Agri Market Reforms – Farmers Produce Trade, Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill 2020.
- Contract Farming – Farmer (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement of Price Assurance and Farm services Bill 2020.
- The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill 2020.
Agri Market Reforms
Freedom to Sell outside APMC (Agri Produce Market Committee)
State loose revenue
Promote barrier free trade
Commission Agents/ Ardhtiyas may be Marinalised
Reduce transportation Costs and better proces to Farmers
May end MSP (Min Support Price)
Facilitate electronic trading
Fate of e-NAM (electronic trading) in absence of physical mandis become uncertains
Farmers contract sale of fulux Produce at pre agreed price
Farmers weaker party to negotiate
Risk from farmers – sponsors
Sponsors may not deal with multitude of marginal farmers
Modern Tech a better inputs
Cost of marketing and boost farmers in come
sponsors with large resources have advantage in disputes
directy marketing (w/ointermediate
Dispute resolution timelines
Bill Relating to Commodities
Removal of cereals pulses, oilseeds, onion and potatoes from essential commodities except extra ordinatory circumstances.
Price limit so high
FDI in farm sector by reducing regulatory interferance.
Big loss stocking manipulate market price
Farm infra investment in cold storage, food process + supply Chain
Ban on export onion → doubt on implementation
Follow up of National Commission of Farmers 2006 MS Swaminathan govt increased MSP by 1.5 times x Production Cost.
- BJP chief JP Nadda: MSP bill continues MSP for paddy increased by 2.4 times in last 5 years.
- 113,000crore as MSP for wheat, paddy, oil seeds and pulses – 31% increase from previous years.
- MSP for oil seeds and copra rose by 10 times in last fine years.
- MSP for pulses increased by 73% – 5 years.
- After Abrogation of Art 370 Purchase of apples from valley through Govt NAFED ( Mate Agree co-op Marketing Federation of India Ltd.